Merry Christmas from the Center for Lifelong Learning!

In the busy-ness of the Christmas season we sometimes forget to take the time to remember the birth of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, who came to earth as a child. I like to picture Jesus growing up. He, too, had to learn how to crawl, how to walk, how to talk, just like we did. Imagine Jesus toddling around his father’s workshop; Joseph saying to Jesus, “No, no, don’t touch that; you will get hurt.” Imagine Jesus making a funny face in an attempt to make His mother laugh. Was Jesus ever punished as a child? Probably…just like any other child.

These images help me to better relate to Jesus and appreciate so much more what Jesus did in later years as He went to the cross for my sins; for your sins; for the sins of the world, so that we can have eternal life with Him.

Why did Jesus come to earth? To show us how much He loves us. My Christmas prayer for you is that we learn all we can from the Christmas message that we will hear many times throughout this season. As lifelong learners, I pray you will apply the lessons of Christ’s birth to your life and that it will remain with you until you meet Him face to face.

God bless you this Christmas season and remember to always keep CHRIST in CHRISTmas.

Merry Christmas!

Ginny

Post a Comment

Your email is never shared. Required fields are marked *

*
*