The Reason for the Season is Still Jesus!

I understand how easily people can get caught up in the “hustle and bustle of Christmas,” and I’ll admit I, too, am busy preparing for family to visit. But as I watch the TV commercials for all the gift ideas, it’s very frustrating to me that people get sucked into all of the “must have” items! Who says you must have it? And why has it been possible for you to live this long without it, never realizing the time would come that…you must have it now?

I wish that Jesus would make a commercial. I wonder who would watch it. I think, at first, because it would be so unique, the commercial would be a hit–and, knowing marketing as I do, it’s likely Jesus would only have one shot at it. I think it would be fun if,  during the literal five minutes of commercial advertising during a prime-time TV show, we would see Jesus appear on TV, standing in front of stacks of “boxes of salvation,” telling everyone, “You must have it!” And…to top it off, Jesus would be telling us…”and it’s FREE!”

As much as we don’t believe in “free” anything, I suppose it would be difficult for people to even believe Jesus in a commercial. What they don’t realize it that Jesus would be telling us the truth–salvation is free…to anyone who believes in Him.

This Christmas season, take a good look at the Nativity on your table. It’s not just a Christmas decoration; it’s the story of Jesus Christ, come to earth as a baby, born to die for our sins on the Cross, so that we can truly receive His free gift of salvation.

I hope you will receive the Free Gift offered to you this day by Jesus. May God bless you and keep you this Christmas!

Ginny

One Comment

1. ginny.proctor
    Posted April 14, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Permalink

That would be great! Thanks for your interest :)

Post a Comment

Your email is never shared. Required fields are marked *

*
*